This week, many – if not most – of us will hunker down for an hour or so and think of our New Year’s Resolutions.
Things we want to change. Things we want in general.
A few ideas to help you out:
- Focus on what you can control, not what you can’t
- Along with your goals, make sure you have reasons to make the change and do the work
- Whenever possible, create habits and rituals rather than one-off goals or achievements. You’ll build in small wins every day, rather than feeling like “I haven’t achieved it yet” for 99% of the time.
- Take it seriously – don’t just rattle off some nice ideas in the car on your way home from work. Find some time to be alone, write down the resolutions, then post them somewhere that you’ll see them every day as a reminder of the person you’ve resolved to become.
- Think in terms of setting a new standard, rather than just achievement of a goal
Lastly, a friend sent me this goal setting workbook that has some great ideas if you’re feeling stuck or need some guidance.
Here’s to an awesome 2020!
Private Email List Signup
To get the announcements and opportunities that I never post publicly, along with new posts delivered to your inbox, get on my private email list, here